Sunday, May 1, 2016

Memento Project


Memento Project: Weeping Willow 

For my memento, I chose a memory from my early childhood when I lived at my old house in New Jersey. While I moved out of this house when I was almost 5, I have vague memories of playing in the background underneath this old weeping willow tree. However, after moving, it got cut down. Therefore, for my project, I wanted to make something tangible that held on to the vision of that tree. The box I carved out is small enough to fit in your hand, and has holes in it so that only the person holding it could see the memory, relating to the tree's current absence. The box is uneven and rough around the edges, resembling how my memory is kind of scattered and incomplete. The inside is filled with green streamers, displaying the long strands of paper-esque leaves, and glitter, as my memory of it was sunny and somewhat mystical. The project was made of wood, green streamers, blue glitter, and wood glue (not visible). 







No comments:

Post a Comment